“This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God’s glory so that God’s Son may be glorified through it.” John 11:4
Life doesn’t let up, does it? That’s one thing I have learned in the past few months – no one and nothing slows down to let the wounded take some healing time.
- A good friend was in a fairly serious car accident Fri night. Everyone is ok but pretty banged up. Car is totaled.
- The mother of a good friend died a few days ago. It had been somewhat expected but death is never welcome. Grieving and mourning now begins.
- Received a letter today for Regina advising that she needs to be taking Coumadin – “our records indicate that you may benefit significantly by taking this medication.”
- A good friend – who I have depended on for many years – finally was picked up for a new job by another organization at a different location. She will be leaving in two weeks. Good for her, of course, but what now?
- Yet another co-worker – who I also have depended on for about 15 years – was offered a tentative position at another agency. He will be leaving. Good for him, too, but this will change how we do things in the coming months.
- Our matriarch here fell and broke her hip late last week. She convulsed while doctors were attempting to get her stabilized. Fortunately, she was able to be settled down later by doctors and was able to get her new hip. She was transferred to a rehab hospital Fri. Many long days and months ahead for her, sadly. (And she is very concerned about Abby, her precious little black dog.)
- What do I believe? How come they are mad at me? How come no one feels my hurt? I disagree with you. Why do they talk about me? What are they thinking about me? Stay out of my business. I’m going to do this on my own by myself, if need be. You cheated me. You took away what was important to me and it’s your fault. You should be ashamed of what you did. Well, they hurt me, too. I’m leaving…
- Flu and sickness is rampant. Several co-workers have been out for days. Nick and Lilly have both been struck down with severe tummy aches and yechy sickness.